All art design provided by Knott Quentin
I am FJ Preston. Since 1989, I have been founder and president of (what would become) WordPlay Multimedia, llc. I am an author | entrepreneur in San Francisco, California. My primary business today is Intentional Ascension which provides the knowledge and skills—via workshops, books, training videos, and online courses—needed to experience deliberate achievement in any endeavor. Want to learn how to succeed on purpose? I can help you with that.
From his college apartment, FJ built his first million-dollar business by the age of 26. He was 32 when he finished writing his first masterpiece, “Do as I Say, Not as I Do.” In 2012, FJ was awarded the Mayor's Award for Public Service for his documentary film Ain’t Nothing Funny—an unflinching call for personal accountability. In 2017, FJ was chosen COMPACT Speaker of The Year. FJ is also the author of MIND.SET., a guide for lasting personal development.
FJ Preston is a former Florida A&M University Presidential Scholar and received a BGS cum laude with concentrations in sociology and business from Georgia Southern University. As a result of education, intention, and financial discipline FJ has been completely debt-free since December, 2014.
What We've Achieved
- Self-employed since 1989.
- Guest Lecturer at seven U.S. colleges.
- Work featured in Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture–the largest of its kind in the world.
- 2012 Mayor's Award for Public Service.
- 2016-2017 COMPACT Speaker of The Year
- Author of two books used in high school and college classrooms.
- The popularity of his “Hot Chocolate” brand merchandise catapulted WPM, llc to worldwide recognition in 2015.
- Professional Angel Investor since 2014.
- Overcame homelessness, depression, and a $1,000 negative checking account balance.
- Eliminated (w/ wife) $68,000 in debt in 11 months.
- Have clothed and fed the less fortunate every Christmas morning since 1998.
- Visited 45 U.S. states and 11 foreign countries.
- 32° Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret.
- Business consultant and trusted advisor to four southeastern U.S. small businesses.